Monday, May 3, 2010

What's Next?

Recently, I concluded my Thomas Sumter project, which began last summer. I spent some time recently looking back at this project and doing some minor editing. I now have a better grasp on the facts of this campaign than when I started, and I was able to detect and correct some minor errors made in the early posts (e.g., several times I called Joseph Graham a captain, when he was in fact an adjutant).

Moving forward, I intend to follow a looser format rather than spend all my time with a single topic.

One topic that I will continue with for the seeable future is the Southern Campaign of the American Revolution. I've painted quite a few minis specifically for this phase of the war, and I'm slowly working towards being able to cover the big battles in miniature. In the interim I expect to cover a mid-size battle or two.

A new topic that I will be writing about is the American invasion of Canada in 1775. Eventually I plan to cover each of the significant events of this campaign, beginning with the seizure of Fort Ticonderoga (May 10), and ending with the assault on Quebec (December 31). Below are Minifigs Canadian militia that are works in progress: unpainted metal on the left, nearly completed figures on the right.

Finally, because I find the whole of the war interesting, I expect there will be digressions from time to time on other topics of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment